On Friday, April 25, 2014 to Saturday, May 03, 2014 in various different locations in Accra, the first Jazz Festival will take place as the Organizers, Alliance Française Accra confirmed.
This is the first edition that will expand to 10 days of live music and Jazz, but also includes movie screenings, visual art exhibitions, workshops, conferences and much more…
Here are the details of the concerts and Events that will take place in the First Jazz Festival.
– Friday 25th April, 7.30pm – Nicolas Genest and the Sobedo Project. @Alliance Francaise. 10ghc.
– Saturday 26th April – Gyedu Blay Ambolley @Ouaga Jazz Festival, Ouagadougou.
– Saturday 26th April, 7pm – Poetry and Jazz with Nii Ayikwei Parkes New Morning Arts Café Theatre & Creative Centre. Free
– Sunday 27th Apri, 6pm – Apero-jazz with Kyekyeku and Tommi Quinci @The Republic Bar & Grill. Free
– Wednesday 30th April, 7.30pm – La Paillote Takpekpe by Ehalakasa @Alliance Francaise. GHS 2.
– Wednesday 30th April, 10pm – Great Women of Jazz @+233
– Friday 2nd May, 8pm – 252 Jazz Band / Dela Botri &Hewale Sounds / Sound Factory & Guests Concert @+233
– Saturday 3rd May, 8pm – Franco Na Biso! (Institut Francais) @Alliance Francaise. GHS 10
Here is the detail for FILM SCREENINGS Shows…
– Monday 28th April, 8pm – El Milagro de Candeal (Spanish Embassy in Ghana) +233 jazz bar and grill . Free
– Friday 2nd May, 7pm – Michel Petrucciani (INSTITUT FRANÇAIS) Goethe-Institut Ghana – German Cultural Center in Accra. Free.
Exhibition/Visual Arts details are,
– From Friday 25th May, cocktail at 6pm – Larry Ottoo @Alliance Francaise. Free.
Worshops And MasterClasses events includes,
– Monday 14th – Friday 25th April – Music workshop for children with Nicolas Genest @Alliance Francaise. Free
– Tuesday 15th and Tuesday 22nd, 9am-1pm – Brass masterclass with Nicolas Genest @Alliance Francaise. Free
– Tuesday 22nd – Saturday 26th April – Sound and Light techniques for live events @Alliance Francaise. Free
– Saturday 26th April, 10 am – 1pm – Poetry and Jazz with Nii Ayikwei Parkes @ New Morning, Tesano. Free
– Wednesday 30th April, 11am-4pm – Studio sound recording workshop with Colter Harper.
– Thursday 1st May, 10 am – 7pm – A whole day of jazz with Dr. Royal Hartigan and Jazz Ensemble @Best Western Airport Residential. Free
-Thursday 1st May, 4 pm – 7pm – Tune up your performance by Jazz Tone Productions @Best Western Airport Residential. 150ghc (100ghc in advance)
– Saturday 3rd May, 6pm – Ghanaian music and jazz with Colter Harper @Alliance Francaise. Free.
For more information you can Email: email@example.com or visit the Website: http://www.afaccra.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154&Itemid=104&lang=en
Copyright © 2019 Ghanalive.TV. All Rights Reserved.